Licenses and National Accreditation
Licensing and accreditation provide an objective, third-party assurance that a program is achieving excellence in patient care and facility operation. A state license requires that specific guidelines and standards be met in order to operate an addiction treatment facility within that specific state. Accreditation refers to a third party national evaluation of the licensed rehabilitation facility, including patient care, staffing requirements, facility operations and organizational approach to providing treatment.
Lakeview Health is licensed by the state of Florida's Department of Children and Family Services. Receiving a license to operate a health facility in the state of Florida requires a periodic and thorough onsite review of the facilities, the training and composition of the staff and the treatment provided.
The Joint Commission is the nation's leader in developing standards and best practices for healthcare facilities. The Gold Seal from the Joint Commission is granted to organizations that provide patient services beyond the criteria set by the Commission. Onsite evaluations and follow-up monitoring keep the Gold Seal current.
Below are a few of the many requirements of both the State of Florida and the Joint Commission.
- Provide patients with high-quality treatment, care and services
- Re-evaluate patient care on a regular basis
- Offer patients a safe, secure, confidential and well-maintained environment in which to recover
- Employ experienced, qualified staff
- Manage and administer patient medications on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis
- Maintain patient records with the strictest accuracy and complete confidentiality following HIPAA laws
- Ensure patient rights are honored and respected
We go beyond these standards in every category, always maintaining patient dignity while providing the best care in a state-of the art, accredited alcohol and drug detox and rehabilitation facility.
Your Recovery Matters
Call 800-884-1727 to speak with our trained admissions counselors. They can answer all your questions or concerns about addiction treatment, help with insurance matters and arrange travel. You can also reach us using Live Chat or through our Contact Us form. Our Addiction Helpline is available 24/7.