Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Lakeview Health’ Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is the third level of care in addiction treatment, offering a step-down program to build on the addict’s foundation of recovery gained in residential treatment. This becomes an avenue for newly recovering addicts to practice sober living skills.
Completing residential treatment increases the addict’s self-confidence, builds self-esteem and produces excitement regarding leaving the drug rehab facility. Up until this stage, the addict has been protected from outside triggers and external circumstances that may contribute to a relapse.
Once the addict has completed the goals of residential rehab, he or she is able to step down to an offsite residence and continue with PHP. Living away from the treatment facility allows the addict to begin practicing skills that were learned in residential treatment.
Options for residence during PHP:
- Local residents may return home and come daily for treatment
Recovery Apartments are available for those who are not local to Jacksonville, FL
Lakeview Health’ PHP includes:
- Attendance 5 days per week, 8 hours per day
- Attendance at outside 12-step meetings
- Continued care with a primary therapist
- Medication monitoring for those in the dual diagnosis treatment track
- Individual and group therapy
- Family and couples counseling
- Treatment planning and goal setting for each step-down level of care
- Relapse prevention
- Reintegration of outside activities such as going to an outside gym, meetings and volunteer work
- Healthy coping skills
Random drug screenings
Duration of treatment is dependent upon the patient’s psychological and physical progress. The shift in living structure allows the patient to gain mastery over basic living skills, healthy coping mechanisms and recovery approaches.