What to Bring to Rehab
At this point you are likely feeling nervous, anxious, scared, and maybe even a little excited about making a change in your life. It’s a big step to decide to enter rehab. Our staff will be with you each step of the process. We want to make it as simple as possible for you.
One of the most common questions we get asked is what to pack for the duration of your treatment with us. Below is a packing list that will ensure you bring the necessities and leave the rest at home.
Items to Pack
- 7-10 days of clothes
- Toiletries – tooth paste, toothbrush, make-up, etc.
- Workout clothes
- Workout shoes
- Prescription medications in original bottles
- ID and insurance card
- Recovery-related reading material
- Cigarettes, if you smoke (Lakeview does not condone smoking. There are designated smoking locations at the facility. If you would like to quit smoking, we offer smoking cessation groups.)
Items to Leave at Home
The following items are not allowed at the treatment center and will be either discarded or shipped home if you bring them to the facility:
- Electronics, including laptops, cell phones, tablets, digital cameras and MP3 players
- Non-prescription medications
- Non-recovery-related reading materials
- Clothing with offensive sayings or references to drugs or alcohol
- Products containing alcohol (mouthwash, hair gel, Nyquil)
- Food (gum, candy, mints)
- Valuables (jewelry, watches)
- Electronic cigarettes or vaping apparatus or any liquid used for these devices