What To Bring To Rehab
One of the common things incoming patients wonder is what to bring to rehab. Leaving behind your life and your belongings can make you feel nervous and anxious. We understand that it’s a big step to decide to enter rehab and that it is not easy to leave things behind. Our staff will be with you each step of the process. We want to make it as simple as possible for you.
Below is a packing list that will ensure you bring the necessities and leave the rest at home.
What To Pack For Rehab
The following items are acceptable and necessary items for your time at our treatment center.
- 7-10 days of clothes
- Toiletries – tooth paste, toothbrush, make-up, etc.
- Workout clothes
- Workout shoes
- Prescription medications in original bottles
- ID and insurance card
- Recovery-related reading material
- Cigarettes, if you smoke (Lakeview does not condone smoking. There are designated smoking locations at the facility. If you would like to quit smoking, we offer smoking cessation groups.)
The following items are not allowed at the treatment center and will be either discarded or shipped home if you bring them to the facility:
- Electronics, including laptops, cell phones, tablets, digital cameras and MP3 players
- Non-prescription medications
- Non-recovery-related reading materials
- Clothing with offensive sayings or references to drugs or alcohol
- Products containing alcohol (mouthwash, hair gel, Nyquil)
- Food (gum, candy, mints)
- Valuables (jewelry, watches)
- Electronic cigarettes or vaping apparatus or any liquid used for these devices
Knowing what to bring to rehab will help in your transition into rehab. We understand it might be hard to leave some of the items behind, but we’ve carefully designed this list to prevent from enabling any distractions from what matters: you and your successful addiction recovery.
To further expedite your transition into rehab, take a moment to review what campus life is like at our rehabilitation center or check out our online health insurance verification if you are interested in how to pay.