Arriving at Lakeview Health: What to Bring
Everyone wants to know what to bring to rehab. For some of you, this is the most important part of your preparation. We understand it’s difficult to leave your typical daily life behind, and that includes both the big and little things you’re used to having around you. Our goal is to make the transition as simple as possible. Check the list below to ensure you bring what you need, and prepare to leave the rest at home.
What to Bring: Your Rehab Packing List
Please bring the following items for your time at Lakeview Health:
- 7-10 days of clothes. Make sure you have enough undergarments and socks.
- Toiletries, including toothpaste, toothbrush, make-up, etc.
- Workout clothes
- Workout shoes
- Prescription medications in original bottles
- Personal Identification and insurance card
- Recovery-related reading material
- Cigarettes, if you smoke. Lakeview Health neither encourages nor prohibits smoking. We provide designated smoking locations at the facility. If you’d like to quit smoking, we offer smoking cessation groups.
What Not to Bring: Prohibited Items
The following items are not allowed and will be discarded or shipped home if you bring them:
- Electronics, including laptops, cell phones, tablets, digital cameras, and electronic music players
- Non-prescription medications
- Non-recovery-related reading materials
- Clothing with offensive words, images, or references to drugs or alcohol
- Products containing alcohol such as mouthwash and hair gel
- Food including gum, candy, mints, etc.
- Valuables such as jewelry or expensive watches
- Electronic cigarettes, vaping devices, or any related liquids
Knowing what you will and won’t have on a day-to-day basis will help your transition to rehab. We know it might be hard to leave some things behind. We’ve created these lists based on years of experience and carefully selected the items to prevent distractions from what matters most: your successful recovery.