That question might have crossed some concertgoers’ minds at the Paradiso Festival in central Washington last weekend. But after overdosing on a drug called molly, many people ended up in the hospital. One died and three were in serious condition.
In the Quincy Valley Medical Center emergency room, the medical staff was able to treat and discharge 70 people. More than half of them were there because of drugs or alcohol. The coroner’s office has yet to determine the deceased concertgoer’s cause of death. The medical examiner performed an autopsy and didn’t find any physical injuries or pre-existing medical conditions that would have caused his death. The office should receive toxicology results in about eight weeks.
Molly is a nickname for MDMA in its pure, or powdered, form. It’s sometimes combined with other substances to make ecstasy pills or tablets. Molly has gained popularity in recent years, especially at music festivals. Because molly is considered to be pure, many people think that it’s safer. However, even in powder form, molly can be adulterated with other drugs or substances, so users don’t know what they are getting.
People who take Molly feel warmth, euphoria and less anxiety. It may sound good and all, but there are side effects.
Molly Side Effects:
Discover more about Molly Side Effects.
If you’re addicted to MDMA or other drugs, don’t wait to get help. “One more hit” could be your last—your last everything. Call Lakeview Health Systems today to find out about medical detox and our inpatient drug rehab program.
With the New Year fast approaching, you may be thinking of what resolutions 2019 will bring. Self-growth is very...
When people think of Florida they may envision sun, sand, Disney World, and alligators. But did you know that...