Holiday Recipe: Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Ditch the Guilt with this Recipe Swap: Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
It doesn’t quite feel like the holidays without dessert. Most holiday desserts are loaded with sugar, processed ingredients, and a surplus of calories leading to you crashing on the couch for the rest of the day. But with a few simple ingredient swaps it’s totally possible to have your cake and eat it too. And even better, cheesecake! These mini pumpkin cheesecakes are the perfect addition to any holiday party. And the best part is that they are already pre-portioned so it’s easier to cure that sweet tooth without over doing it. Ingredients: (16 servings) 16 reduced-fat vanilla wafers Two 8-ounce packages ⅓ less fat cream cheese, softened ⅔ cup sugar or baking stevia 2 eggs, room temperature ½ cup 100% pumpkin puree 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon vanilla ½ teaspoon cinnamon ¼ teaspoon nutmeg ¼ teaspoon allspice Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 300° F and line 16 muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 vanilla wafer in each cupcake liner.
- With an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing each one in until it is thoroughly incorporated before adding the next.
- Beat in the rest of the ingredients until incorporated.
- Pour the liners nearly to the top, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until they are set. The middles will jiggle slightly.
- Allow to rest in the muffin tins on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before taking them out of the tins. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, or overnight.