One on One Addiction Treatment
When most people picture addiction treatment, they may picture a big group of people, sitting in a circle, and talking about their experiences with addiction. However, this is not the only type of therapy treatment that is beneficial to addiction treatment. At Lakeview Health, we also offer one on one therapy for addiction to people who need treatment for a variety of dependencies.
What is One on One Therapy for Addiction?
There are many one on one therapies for addiction, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): a common therapy for addiction. During this treatment, we help you evaluate your thought and behavior patterns. If these patterns are negative, we help you create coping strategies to build positive behavior patterns.
- Individual therapy: Much like CBT, you talk about what you’re going through. You also attempt to find the root of your addiction through this therapy.
- Motivational therapy: This therapy is meant to help you commit to a change, such as going into recovery for your addiction. Your therapist will listen to what you say, and then rephrase it back to you.
Any of these therapies can assist you in your addiction recovery.
Why Do You Need Addiction Therapy?
Addiction therapy is a vital part of any addiction treatment. Many people who begin using drugs or alcohol don’t know why they continue to use them. Through addiction therapy programs, we help you figure this question out. Additionally, we’ll determine the best way to overcome these by helping you build coping mechanisms. These coping mechanisms may include:
- Evaluating your decision
- Practicing refusal skills
- Emotional regulation skills
What Other Treatment Options May Be Used?
While one on one therapy for addiction can be part of your treatment, it usually is not the only tool we use. At Lakeview, we also use a combination of holistic therapies and evidence-based therapies. Holistic treatment is a therapy that treats your mind, body, and soul. We use these treatments to help you manage your life. These may include:
- Meditation therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Nature therapy
Evidence-based therapies are therapies that medical professionals and psychologists have researched and proven that they work. Many of the one on one therapies for addiction are evidence-based therapies. We offer many evidence-based therapies, including:
Get Treatment Today
If you’ve struggled with addiction, it’s time to get help. One on one therapy for addiction can be one of many tools that your counselors may use to treat your addiction. We treat a variety of addictions, including:
- Heroin addiction
- Alcohol addiction
- Prescription pill addiction
- Opiate addiction
Addiction treatment is a complicated issue. However, it doesn’t have to be. It would help if you had treatment staff who have practiced one on one therapy for addiction, as well as other addiction treatments. To learn more about your treatment options, contact Lakeview Health at 866.704.7692. Together, we can help you overcome your addiction and give you a new outlook on life.