Seeking Addiction Treatment
It’s a long-standing myth about addiction that there is a “one-size-fits” all approach to substance abuse treatment. Some magic bullet that will work for every individual struggling with drug or alcohol dependency. The reality, of course, is that people seeking addiction treatment should have options. In fact, there are arguable as many treatments for addiction as there are people suffering. The most important step if you are seeking addiction treatment is that you get professional help.
But in order to start seeking addiction treatment, you must understand your addiction. And in particular, you need to determine the level of care that will best suit your needs.
Is Seeking Addiction Treatment Right for Me?
One of the first questions to ask is whether your substance use has crossed the line into substance abuse. If you are exploring whether seeking addiction treatment is right for you, there is a good chance that the answer is “yes.” According to the medical professionals at the Mayo Clinic, the following are some of the more common signs that you should be seeking addiction treatment:
- You have begun to lose interest in hobbies and activities you once enjoyed
- Your thoughts revolve around procuring and using the substance
- You have started to require more and more of the substance to get the same pleasurable effect you once did
- Using the substance has begun to interfere with your work, family, or social responsibilities
- The condition for which you started using the substance has passed, but you have continued use despite the negative effects
- You do not feel “normal” or “like yourself” unless you are using the substance
If you are experiencing any of the above, or if you see yourself moving in that direction, seek help. It is never too early to start seeking addiction treatment. And if you are unsure, it is a good idea to reach out to an addiction treatment center program like the one at Lakeview Health.
Seeking Addiction Treatment: Varieties of Program
One of the first things that you will need to decide after seeking addiction treatment is the specific type of care that best suits the severity of your addiction. You will make this decision with a healthcare professional, but it is crucial to make sure that the facility you choose offers the correct level and type for you. At Lakeview Health, we offer the following, among others:
- Dual-diagnosis treatment, for patients suffering from addiction and an underlying mental issue like anxiety, depression, or PTSD
- Gender-specific treatment, in which male and female patients recover in the presence of the same gender
- A wide range of levels of care, including medical detox, residential addiction treatment, a well-developed outpatient program, and extensive aftercare
- Group and individual therapy
- Family therapy aimed at healing the wounds caused by addiction
- A chronic pain treatment center
These are only a few of the programs on offer at Lakeview. And all of these will be individualized to suit your needs.
Start Your Recovery at Lakeview Health Today
At Lakeview, we have been helping individuals struggling with addiction for the last two decades. And our nationally-recognized programs are second-to-none. Our talented, professional staff has years of experience helping individuals suffering from a wide range of addictions. If you or someone you know is seeking addiction treatment, we are here to help. Reach out to us using our secure online form or call us at 866.704.7692. Don’t let drugs and alcohol control your life any longer. Get the help you need today.