Top 5 Characteristics of the Best Alcohol Rehab
How do you know what to look for when deciding where to go for alcohol rehab? There are 5 characteristics that we can use as parameters for choosing the best alcohol rehab facility. Usually, by the time realize that we need treatment, we have lost money, relationships, jobs and have physical problems. We suffer depression and anxiety as a result of external consequences. Finding the best alcohol rehab to treat our disease and help us resolve these consequences is essential for healthy recovery.
What to Look For:
- A medically supervised inpatient detox to address dangerous symptoms that may occur and distribute detox medications, as needed, to make the process more comfortable for you. Alcohol poisons your body and after you become dependent on it your body needs to go through the detox process. Alcohol detox can be extremely dangerous and sometimes deadly. Around-the-clock medical supervision provides the safest environment for you to rid your body of all toxins before entering alcohol rehab.
- Medical and clinical staff available 24/7. After detox, the best alcohol rehab has medical and clinical staff on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure you or your loved one will not be alone if a crisis develops. Knowing that support is available around the clock is essential when going through alcohol detox and treatment.
- A staff psychiatrist that specializes in addiction to help stabilize your mood. An accredited rehab facility will have a staff psychiatrist to perform a psychological assessment for conditions such as depression, anxiety, bipolar and ADD/ADHD that may be contributing to your alcohol abuse. Medicating these mental health issues may assist you with your initial recovery from alcoholism.
- Qualified and licensed therapists specializing in alcohol rehabilitation. Alcoholism corrupts our ability to think clearly and contributes to poor decision making skills. Alcohol rehab should have trained addiction professionals that can help you adjust to life without alcohol. Individual therapy, group therapy and educational lectures are types of therapy provided at a qualified alcohol rehab center.
- Staff nutritionist to assess nutritional needs and monitor dietary health. Alcoholism causes us to neglect our basic food needs. We are preoccupied by drinking alcohol and don’t consume the nutrients necessary for our body to function at a healthy level. Learning how to take care of our basic health is essential to the recovery process and is taught at a quality alcohol rehab.