Two Brains: Are You Taking Care of Both Parts of Your Brain?
Melissa Lee Warner, M.D. Chief Medical Officer
An update to Dr. Warner’s The Big Book’s Been Right All Along: Anatomy of a Disease
May 8, Noon – 1 p.m. ET 1 CEU available This presentation is an update to Dr. Warner’s work, “The Big Book’s Been Right All Along: Anatomy of a Disease.” Advances include the latest in medical research on addiction. Examples from the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous demonstrate how the founders of AA had an innate understanding of alcoholism. This talk helps further the two-brain concept and the power of spirituality in complementing long-term recovery.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the scientific accuracy of the Big Book text
- Review neuro-anatomical correlates via brain imaging
- Recognize the significance of craving and other factors in relapse
- Understand the role of spirituality in addressing the brain disease of addiction
- Differentiate the ‘thinking brain’ from the ‘reptilian brain’ and the role spirituality plays in recovery