May 18, 2018 8:30 am - 11:00 am
True North Conference Center
1900 Corporate Square Blvd.
May 2018 Lecture Series
Gaming Disorders and Low Dose Naltrexone: An Emerging Virtual Dilemma and the Revolutionary Use of a Well-Established Medication
Speaker: Anish John, M.D.
Date: Friday, May 18, 2018
Registration: 8:30 – 9 AM
Program runs from: 9 – 11 AM
Continuing Education & Continuing Medical Education: 2 units/credits*
- List the proposed DSM-5 criteria for Internet (video) gaming disorder (IGD), and discuss its prevalence, risk factors and co-morbidities
- Review the stages of addiction and examine the neurological underpinnings of IGD
- Discuss an overview of the available treatments for IGD and areas for further research
- Describe the mechanism of action of low dose naltrexone (LDN) and how it differs from the typically available and utilized dose formulations of the compound.
- Discuss the diseases that it has been used for, the evidence base for efficacy and the potential for LDN to be a valuable pharmacological tool.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Donna Mahacek at 904-513-5823 or [email protected]
About the Speaker:
Anish John, M.D.
Board-Certified Associate Medical Director at the Positive Sobriety Institute
*Physicians: The activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of CME Outfitters, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CME Outfitters, LLC, designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Florida Board of Behavioral Sciences: Lakeview Health has been approved by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider Number 50-17479 exp 3/31/2019.