Lakeview Health What To Bring
Everyone wants to know what to bring to Lakeview Health. For some of you, this is the most important part of your preparation. We understand it’s difficult to leave your typical daily life behind, and that includes both the big and little things you’re used to having around you. Our goal is to make the transition as simple as possible. In order to provide a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, we ask that you limit personal belongings to the items listed below. Staff will search all belongings upon admission and items not adhering to these guidelines will be sent home or stored. Check the list below to ensure you bring what you need, and prepare to leave the rest at home.
What to Bring to Lakeview Health: Inpatient/Residential Packing List
Please bring the following items for your time at a Lakeview Health inpatient drug rehab center:
- 7-10 days of clothes. Make sure you have enough undergarments and socks.
- Toiletries, including toothpaste, toothbrush, make-up, etc.
- Workout clothes
- Workout shoes
- Swimsuit (during seasons that the pool is open)
- Prescription medications in original bottles
- Personal Identification
- Insurance card
- Reading material
- Cigarettes, if you smoke. Lakeview Health neither encourages nor prohibits smoking. We provide designated smoking locations at the facility. If you’d like to quit smoking, we offer smoking cessation groups.
What Not to Bring: Prohibited Items
The following items are not allowed and may be discarded or shipped home if you bring them: Please see the statement below: Note-we also may store some items. It all depends on what it is.
- Firearms, knives, or weapons of any kind
- Vapor cigarettes or vaporizers
- Scissors or hair cutting shears
- Electronics, including laptops, cell phones, tablets, digital cameras, and electronic music players
- Non-prescription medications
- Clothing with offensive words, images, or references to drugs or alcohol
- Products containing alcohol such as mouthwash, cologne/perfume, and hair gel
- Food including gum, candy, mints, etc.
- Valuables such as jewelry or expensive watches
- Electronic cigarettes, vaping devices, or any related liquids
On a case by case basis, the Facility may store prohibited items in its sole discretion. However, the Facility will not be liable for the condition, maintenance, or loss of any prohibited item brought on-site in violation of this requirement.
Knowing what you will and won’t have on a day-to-day basis will help your transition. We know it might be hard to leave some things behind. We’ve created these lists based on years of experience and carefully selected the items to prevent distractions from what matters most: your successful recovery.
Call Lakeview Health Today!
Now that you know what to bring to Lakeview Health, it’s time to give us a call. Contact us today at 866.704.7692 to learn more about our addiction treatment center in Jacksonville, Florida.