Cape Coral, FL is one of the largest cities between Tampa and Miami, with a population of over 179,795 in 2016. This city is prime real estate, as it is considered as a “Waterfront Wonderland.” Its serene and beautiful environment draws in many tourists and people looking for a place to call home.
One of the more unique features of Cape Coral is that it has over 400 miles of navigable waterway and canals.
This makes this “waterfront wonderland” susceptible to drug trafficking. Smugglers use the miles of canals to smuggle in all kinds of illicit drugs into Lee County. Heroin is one of the main drugs getting smuggled into this county. In fact, heroin overdoses have quadrupled here since 2015. Many residents who are addicted to heroin started off abusing prescription opioids.
Fortunately for those struggling with addiction in Cape Coral, there are plenty of addiction resources in this area. The addiction specialists at Lakeview Health can point you in the right direction if you give us a call at 866-704-7692.
Alcohol and drug abuse are particularly prevalent in Lee County. Many surveys have concluded that Lee County topped almost every other state in Rx drug abuse. As many as 12.1% Lee County residents reported abusing prescription drugs, and as many as 8.8% reported abusing antidepressants.
To counter this growing public health crisis, Lee County offers quite a few substance abuse prevention and treatment programs. Some of the programs available include:
● Lee County Coalition for a Drug-Free Southwest Florida. The mission of this program is to reduce substance abuse in Lee County by raising awareness of the prevention resources that are available in this area. This program also collaborates with many other educational programs to engage individuals, family, and the community.
● 20th Judicial Circuit Felony Drug Court Program. This is a court-supervised comprehensive treatment program for convicted individuals who struggle with a substance use disorder (SUD). Entry into this program is entirely voluntary. Those who choose to go through this program can circumvent the traditional court system for a more favorable outcome.
● Lee County Intergroup Alcoholics Anonymous. Those struggling with alcoholism can find peer support from others who have gone through similar situations at these local AA meetings. The meetings are free to join and follow the same twelve steps as every other AA program.
There are many other federal and state-funded programs and addiction resources available. Finding the help that you or a loved one need is easier than you think.
Addiction recovery requires a different amount of commitment and level of care, depending on the severity of the addiction. Lakeview Health offers a full continuum of care. We offer all types of substance abuse treatment programs. We can cater to those who struggle with a severe addiction and need a lot of medical supervision, as well as those who are already recovering from addiction and only need a little extra support.
The different types of alcohol and drug rehab programs that we offer include:
● Inpatient treatment programs. These programs are ideal for those struggling with a severe addiction. Constant medical supervision ensures that patients will receive immediate attention if their condition worsens. Also, these rehab programs can offer highly-tailored medical detox services. As patients move into our alcohol and drug treatment centers, our addiction experts have more control over their daily schedules.
● Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs). These programs are ideal for those who struggle with a moderate-to-severe addiction. These individuals receive at least 6 hours of treatment a day. They receive an intense level of care without having to move into our rehab facility.
● Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP). These programs are ideal for those who struggle with a mild-to-moderate addiction. It’s also an excellent transition program for those who have just completed a residential treatment program or PHP but are not confident enough in facing the world on their own yet. Patients receive about 3 hours of treatment a day with our IOP.
If you’re not sure what type of program you need, give us a call at 866-704-7692. Our team of experts can point you in the right direction.
Our closest drug and alcohol rehab facilities to Cape Coral, Florida, are located in Jacksonville, which is about a 5.5-hour drive away. We have two separate facilities in this area. Each facility offers gender-specific treatment. Gender-specific treatment creates a more intimate and comfortable environment. It also addresses gender-specific needs and issues, so patients receive a more tailored type of treatment.
There will be quite a lot happening on your first day at our facility. Knowing what to expect in advance can make the entire recovery journey appear less intimidating.
We will need you to complete an array of assessments, so we can put together the perfect treatment plan for you. Some of the assessments that you can expect during our admissions evaluation include:
● Medical history. It’s crucial that our medical staff completely understand your substance use history, as well as your medical history. This will include whether you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking any medications.
● Physical assessment. Our nurses will take a look at your physical condition. This includes things like your blood pressure, body fat percentage and more.
● HIV-risk screening. This is standard protocol for all of our addiction treatment programs. At-risk patients will receive more specified care in this area.
● Psychosocial evaluation. Our staff will also consider your mental state and emotional wellbeing. We will ask you about your personal recovery goals.
After all of this, we’ll get you settled in. We’ll give you a tour of our facility and provide you with an overview of our patient handbook. We also give you an opportunity to ask any further questions you may have.
Many people will slip up or relapse while attempting to recover. Although this is completely normal, it is preventable with a custom addiction treatment plan. In addition to gender-responsive treatment, Lakeview Health also offers several different specialized programs, like:
● Addiction treatment for professionals. Our multidisciplinary team can cater to professionals who need addiction treatment. We are able to provide both medical and psychiatric care to those who need it. This treatment program is unique because we can address specific issues that may affect certain professions. We also offer extremely flexible treatment times that will fit into the busiest schedules. For example, our therapists can do weekly phone updates with you if you’re too busy to come to our treatment center.
● Dual diagnosis treatment is for those struggling with both addiction and depression. We offer Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) to patients struggling with co-occurring disorders. This FDA-approved treatment is non-invasive and uses highly focused magnetic pulses to stimulate areas of the brain that are correlated with depression.
● Pain recovery in conjunction with addiction treatment. Many patients who are addicted to prescription opioids and opiates also struggle with chronic pain. Our integrative, multi-modal program also helps patients manage chronic pain conditions, so they do not end up relapsing on prescription pain pills.
We understand that each patient who contacts us struggles with different issues and problems. Our medical and admissions team are dedicated to helping each individual find the right program for them.
Addiction profoundly impacts family and friends of those struggling with addiction as well. Family members often bear the brunt of the burden. They may feel like they have to put their lives on hold to help those struggling with drug or alcohol abuse.
Family support and therapy can help family members better understand the addiction and come to terms with the situation. Family members can learn how to approach those struggling with addiction in regards to their recovery. They can also learn how to make decisions that may be more beneficial to the family unit as a whole. Often, family members will develop a codependent relationship with the individual struggling with addiction. This is not healthy at all.
If you’re struggling to maintain a healthy relationship with someone who is trying to recover from alcohol or drug abuse, you may benefit from participating in our family program. To learn more, contact us at 866-704-7692.
When you’re struggling with alcoholism or drug addiction, it can feel like you’re drowning. You may feel like you’re no longer whom you used to be.
At Lakeview Health, we are determined to offer help and addiction resources to those who are battling any addiction. We offer a full continuum of care for anyone interested in professional drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our team of experts is committed to helping you achieve all of your recovery goals.
If you’re looking for an established rehab program in Florida, consider the addiction treatment programs that we offer. Give us a call at 866-704-7692, and we can verify your insurance and help you find a program that will best fit your needs.