Annual Lakeview Health Scholarship
Are you currently a college or university student, or recently accepted for the upcoming semester? Have you seen in recent years the impact of drug addiction throughout the Untied States and how it has affected those around you or others that you see in your daily walk in life? If so, then the annual Lakeview Health scholarship may be a great choice for your consideration.
About Our $3000 Annual Scholarship Award
Lakeview Health of Jacksonville, Florida is excited to offer a new scholarship for graduate and undergraduate students; with the purpose of supporting a talented and motivated individual to further their academic studies and achievements. Commencing this 2019, Lakeview Health will be awarding a yearly scholarship award of $3000 to a student who stands above the rest by providing a superior essay than other contestants.
In addition, we’d like to raise awareness of the affects addiction has on our community and how to help those in need. Our annual scholarship is an additional way we are establishing our commitment to invest in the advancing academic community. Specifically, to further the potential of an aspiring student and assist him/her in their path of success.
– Must be at least 18 years of age and an American citizen in order to apply for this scholarship award.
– Retain a current GPA (grade point average) score of 2.5 or greater.
– Received acceptance at a university, accredited college or accredited community college – or are currently enrolled at an accredited college, accredited community college or university.
– Supply an essay of a minimum of 1000 words by the deadline of December 31, 2019.
– Meet the scholarship regulations and include the submission requirements listed below.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for the Annual Lakeview Health Scholarship, eligible students must submit an essay of at least 1000 words by the deadline of December 31, 2019. The essay should include proper grammar and punctuation, which will be part of the award determination. The winner will be announced no later than January 15, 2020 and their name or initials (will be the student’s choice) will be listed on this page permanently thereafter. At that time, the new scholarship guidelines for 2020 contestants (if any have changed) will be announced.
Applicants are required to submit a 1000-word essay on the following topic:
“Addiction affects all facets of society. What are the steps we as individuals can take to impact recovery in our communities?”
Essay Submission Requirements
Essay submissions are to be prepared as an attached document and sent to: [email protected]
Essay submissions must include the following in order to be accepted:
– Full name of student
– Date of birth
– Proof of a 2.5 GPA (grade point average) or greater
– Proof of enrollment at an accredited college, accredited community college or university (only pertains to current college/university contestants)
– Proof of acceptance at an accredited college, accredited community college or university (if you are a graduating high school student or have received your GED)
Scholarship Award Determination & Delegation
– Lakeview Health will determine the scholarship award winner by: essay originality, impact/logic of the argument, grammar, word choice/selection, fulfillment of word length and 100% unique content confirmation.
– Lakeview Health will announce the annual 2019 scholarship award no later than January 15, 2020.
– Lakeview Health will then send the $3000 via cashier’s check to the university, college or community college of the winner’s choice; within 30 days of award announcement.
– Essay submissions must be 100% unique, written only by the applicant. Plagiarism of any form will result in immediate disqualification.
– Essay submissions that are sent after the deadline of December 31, 2019 will be rejected.
– Essay submissions that fail to include any of the required details listed above or don’t meet the specifications for eligibility will be rejected.
– Scholarship award can be revoked at any time if Lakeview Health determines that the winning student broke any rules.
– Applicants may not contact Lakeview Health to request an update on their essay submission status.
About Lakeview Health
Lakeview Health is comprised of two national drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers at The Woodlands, Texas, and Jacksonville, Florida. Our specialized programs include medical detox, inpatient rehab, residential treatment, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and aftercare services among others. We also treat co-occurring conditions. Some of our patients have both mental health and substance abuse conditions. Research has shown that treating both conditions simultaneously leads to the most beneficial results. Dual diagnosis treatment might include a combination of medication, counseling, group therapy, as well as innovative treatments such as Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). This treatment works well for those who may be depressed or have not responded well to other types of medical care in the past.
Our programs are customized to meet the needs of each unique patient we see. After we design the program, patients can begin gender-specific treatment at our beautiful Jacksonville, Florida campus. Men and women develop addictions, enter treatment, and respond to that treatment differently. By using gender-specific treatment, the staff at Lakeview Health can address these distinct issues and help our patients reach a higher potential of lasting recovery.
As part of our gender-specific approach to treatment, Lakeview Health has The Star for Men and The Rose for Women. Each campus offers all the necessities our patients need to heal their bodies, minds, and souls. This includes a state-of-the-art gym and equipment, gorgeous sitting areas, a yoga studio, a recreation area, lap pool and a dining room where chef-prepared meals are served. The facility also has semi-private patient rooms to relax during or at the end of the day. Every aspect of both our addiction treatment centers was planned to ensure our patients receive the care and relaxation they need to heal themselves from the inside out.
Treatment doesn’t have to be frightening, foreboding or stressful. Lakeview Health strives to make each patient comfortable while working toward a positive recovery from drug or alcohol addiction. For more information about our 2 centers which assist patients throughout the United States, please visit Lakeview Health Drug & Alcohol Rehab of Florida or Lakeview Health Drug & Alcohol Rehab of Texas.
We enjoy staying connected with others who share our belief that recovery is possible. Sign up to stay up-to-date on news, recovery articles, alumni events, and professional trainings.