Lakeview Health Scholarship
Lakeview Health Offers Scholarship Support to Those Affected by Substance Use Addiction
Lakeview Health is an addiction treatment center with locations in Jacksonville, FL and The Woodlands, TX. Our centers are made up of a team of Difference Makers who work every day to empower profound recovery. One of the many ways we can do this is to offer a scholarship to those who have been affected by drug or alcohol addiction.
The purpose of our scholarship is to help support an undergraduate or graduate student looking to further their academic studies and achievements. This scholarship will grant one recipient a one-time reward of $3,000 that will be submitted to their chosen university for the fall semester. With this scholarship, we wish to provide a beacon of light to the recovery world, an often dark and lonely place.
Scholarship applicant must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- An American citizen
- Retain a current grade point average of at least 2.5.
- Be currently enrolled in or accepted to a four-year or two-year college or university.
- Meet the scholarship regulations and include the submission requirements listed below.
How to Apply for the Our Scholarship
To apply for the Lakeview Health Scholarship, eligible students must submit the following information and requirements to [email protected] by June 15, 2020:
- Student’s first and last name
- Student’s date of birth
- Proof of at least a 2.5 GPA
- Proof of enrollment or future acceptance at an accredited two or four-year college or university
- A 1000-word essay detailing how substance use addiction has affected them in their life. Within this essay, we would also like to hear about how this scholarship will help you achieve your career goals. The essay submission must be 100% unique and written from the voice of the applicant.
Scholarship Award Determination & Delegation
- Lakeview Health will determine the scholarship award winner by essay originality, the impact of the scholarship, grammar, word choice/selection, fulfillment of word length and 100% unique content confirmation.
- Lakeview Health will announce the 2020 scholarship award winner on August 1, 2020.
- Lakeview Health will then send the $3000 via cashier’s check to the university, college or community college of the winner’s choice.
- Essay submissions must be 100% unique, written only by the applicant. Plagiarism of any form will result in immediate disqualification.
- Essay submissions that are sent after the deadline of June 15, 2020, will be rejected.
- Essay submissions that fail to include any of the required details listed above or don’t meet the specifications for eligibility will be rejected.
- The scholarship award can be revoked at any time if Lakeview Health determines that the winning student broke any rules.
- Applicants may not contact Lakeview Health to request an update on their essay submission status.
- Applicants must be willing to have their likeness and essay published on the company websites and social media channels.
About Lakeview Health
Lakeview Health is comprised of two national drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers at The Woodlands, Texas, and Jacksonville, Florida. Our specialized programs include medical detox, inpatient rehab, residential treatment, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and aftercare services among others. We also treat co-occurring conditions. Some of our patients have both mental health and substance abuse conditions. Research has shown that treating both conditions simultaneously leads to the most beneficial results. Dual diagnosis treatment programs might include a combination of medication, counseling, group therapy, as well as innovative treatments such as Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). This treatment works well for those who may be depressed or have not responded well to other types of medical care in the past.
Our programs are customized to meet the needs of each unique patient we see. After we design the program, patients can begin gender-specific treatment at our beautiful Jacksonville, Florida campus. Men and women develop addictions, enter treatment, and respond to that treatment differently. By using the gender-specific treatment, the staff at Lakeview Health can address these distinct issues and help our patients reach a higher potential for lasting recovery.
As part of our gender-specific approach to treatment, Lakeview Health has The Star men’s rehab center and The Rose women’s rehab center. Each campus offers all the necessities our patients need to heal their bodies, minds, and souls. This includes a state-of-the-art gym and equipment, gorgeous sitting areas, a yoga studio, a recreation area, a lap pool and a dining room where chef-prepared meals are served. The facility also has semi-private patient rooms to relax during or at the end of the day. Every aspect of both our addiction treatment centers was planned to ensure our patients receive the care and relaxation they need to heal themselves from the inside out.
Treatment doesn’t have to be frightening, foreboding or stressful. Lakeview Health strives to make each patient comfortable while working toward a positive recovery from drug or alcohol addiction. For more information about our centers that assist patients throughout the United States, please visit our website at www.LakeviewHealth.com.