Over the Counter Drug Addiction Treatment Center
Although readily available everywhere, over-the-counter drugs can be just as lethal as heroin, cocaine, and other street drugs. In fact, in some cases, they can be more dangerous precisely because they are so available. But as a result of this availability, many people remain unaware of the dangers of over-the-counter drug addiction. And they also remain unaware of the dire need for a quality over-the-counter drug addiction treatment center. If you or someone you care about is abusing over-the-counter medication, our Florida substance abuse rehab might be right for you.
Do I Need an Over-the-Counter Drug Addiction Treatment Center?
If you are worried that you are struggling with substance abuse, you may need to consider enrolling in an OTC addiction treatment center. But where do you draw the line between use and abuse of OTC medications? A good place to start is to look for the following signs:
- The condition or the pain for which you started using the OTC drug has gone away, but you have continued to use it
- You have visited one or more drug stores to get more of the drug, rather than because you were experiencing pain or other symptoms
- Have not pursued any treatment or made any lifestyle changes other than increasing your use of the OTC medication
- You have been dishonest or misrepresented yourself — going to multiple stores, for instance — to acquire more of the drug
- You have had financial problems that have resulted from your abuse of the OTC drug
- Your family or friends are worried about your use of the substance
- Have continually needed more and more of the OTC medication
- You have stopped or significantly reduced your participation in social activities or hobbies
- Your use of the OTC drug medication has interfered with your work
- You feel that in order to feel “normal” you need to be using the OTC medication
If any of the above describes you or someone you love, it is time to seek help at an over-the-counter drug addiction treatment center. And Lakeview Health’s over-the-counter drug addiction treatment center in Jacksonville, FL, is an excellent place to start.
When It’s Time to Stop
Over-the-counter drug addiction can happen very quickly. Indeed, it can take just a couple of short months before addiction surfaces. And because these substances are legal and available, you might not even realize that you have a problem. But once you are addicted to OTC drugs, abuse is a hard cycle to break. When used correctly, over-the-counter medications can have beneficial effects. Cough medicines (dextromethorphan, or DXM), cold medicines containing pseudoephedrine, and motion sickness pills all serve their purpose when used in moderation and for their intended purpose. But they are also highly addictive and potentially damaging. In fact, it is often the case that individuals struggling with addiction to OTC medications are reluctant to stop because they fear withdrawal symptoms.
This is precisely why an OTC addiction treatment center plays such an important role. Without the help of an experienced over-the-counter drug addiction treatment center, it can be challenging to stop. But with the help of drug addiction treatment programs like our over-the-counter drug addiction treatment center in Jacksonville, FL, many OTC drug users have been able to get sober and lead happy and productive lives.
Reach Out Today
And this is why it is essential that if you or someone you care about is suffering, you reach out to an experienced medical professional like the ones at Lakeview Health’s over-the-counter drug addiction treatment center. Contact us online today, or call us at 866.704.7692. Freedom from over-the-counter drug addiction is just around the corner.