How to Find Addiction Treatment for a Loved One
Nothing is more painful than watching someone you care about struggling with addiction. In addition to worrying about their well-being, it’s also very common to feel powerless. Even though you may not be the one using, the addiction is still a large part of your life. The adverse effects of addiction have been known to tear apart families, ruin friendships, and affect work relationships. Fortunately, there is help out there. If you have been wondering how to find addiction treatment for a loved one, it is worth contacting the addiction specialists at Lakeview Health.
When to Find Addiction Treatment for a Loved One
A common first step to find help for a loved one is to determine if they genuinely have a problem. This is a place where many family members or friends have trouble because it can be a tricky road. There is a fine line, for instance, between using drugs or alcohol in their intended manner and abusing them.
Recognizing the signs of dependence can save someone’s life. These symptoms are not always obvious, so it can be a challenge to determine when someone needs help. The fact is, not everyone who is addicted binges on the substance or is even visibly intoxicated. But if you are wondering how to find addiction treatment for a loved one, you can look for the following:
- Hygiene. Has your loved one stopped taking care of themselves? Are they bathing less, for instance, or showing other signs of poor or inconsistent hygiene? Also, keep in mind that drugs like marijuana, methamphetamine, and crack have strong odors that may be evident.
- Weight loss or gain. Has your loved one’s eating habits changed? If they have begun to lose or gain weight inexplicably, this may be a symptom of addiction.
- Skin problems. Does your loved one have skin problems that they did not have before? Several drugs cause discoloration of the skin, as well as rashes, scabs, and physical evidence of abuse.
- Withdrawal. Has your loved one complained of withdrawal symptoms when not using the substance? Have they tried and failed to reduce their consumption?
- Reaching out for help. It seems obvious, but if your loved one has asked for help, they most likely need it.
This list is far from exhaustive; these are only a few of the signs to watch out for. But if you have been wondering how to find addiction treatment for a loved one and have seen any of these, it is time to reach out.
Contact Lakeview Health Today
If you have been contemplating how to find addiction treatment for your loved one, it is time to take the first steps. And an excellent place to start is by contacting the team at Lakeview Health. At Lakeview, our programs are well developed and second-to-none. Our talented, professional staff of “difference-makers” has years of experience helping individuals suffering from a wide range of addictions. It’s time to stop worrying about how to find addiction treatment for your loved one and take action. Reach out to us using our secure online form or call us at 866.704.7692. Don’t let drugs and alcohol control the life of someone you love any longer. Get them the help they need today.