By: Lakeview Health
If you have never been in rehab before, you might have a very specific idea of what it entails. The word “rehab” itself conjured up clinical images of severe healthcare workers and rows of sterile hospital beds. But addiction treatment has come a long way in recent years. And before you commit to a program, it is essential that you know what to expect during residential treatment. Arming yourself with this knowledge will do more than ease your doubts and fears. It will also pave the way for a more successful recovery at the Florida addiction treatment center.
What to Expect During Residential Treatment
If you have been exploring what to expect during residential treatment, you may feel overwhelmed. And this is a normal reaction when there is so much information out there for you to sift through. But there are several practical issues that you should consider when choosing a program. Some of the questions you should ask as you discover what to expect during residential treatment include:
- Duration. You can expect programs to be either shorter and more intensive (30-45 days) or longer (60 or 90 days).
- Facilities. You can expect a wide variety of options here, ranging from the more clinical to the more “homey.” Depending upon your specific needs, such as the type and severity of your addiction, you may require different facilities.
- Rules and regulations. For the first few days of any residential treatment, it is typical that patients are not, for example, allowed access to electronic devices. And their access is often limited for the duration of the time in rehab. It is worth exploring the extent to which these and similar rules will be a problem for you.
- Levels of care. Do you require medically supervised detoxification? Are you suffering from a co-occurring mental disorder that drives your addiction? Are you struggling with chronic pain recovery and self-medicate with drugs or alcohol? If so, you need a facility like the residential treatment program at Lakeview that specializes in this level of care.
The above are only a few of the issues to consider in terms of what to expect during residential treatment. But they are all worth considering.
The Benefits of Residential Treatment
If you have been wondering what to expect during residential treatment, you should be aware of its benefits. Residential treatment is often the best choice for patients who have attempted to quit on their own but have failed. Some of the advantages of residential treatment are:
- A residential treatment program can offer more comprehensive addiction therapy and counseling than other kinds of programs.
- Because you will be surrounded by other patients, you will develop a stronger support network. Having a group of individuals who know what you are going through can be a great advantage in recovery, and a structured rehab aftercare program helps you transition out of treatment and back to your daily routine.
- A residential treatment program removes the pressures of everyday life so that you can focus solely on recovering from addiction.
- A quality residential treatment program provides you with a disciplined, structured approach to recovery. It can be next to impossible to find that level of structure outside of an inpatient facility.
A residential treatment program is not for everyone. But considering the advantages, it might be right for you.
Contact Lakeview Health Today
The disease of addiction should not be taken lightly. Looking for the proper treatment is a decision that should be well thought out. It is important to find a residential treatment program that can provide you with an individual treatment plan that specifically caters to your needs and wants to give them the best chance at gaining long-term sobriety.
Dealing with the challenges of everyday life while trying to get sober can be nearly impossible. A residential treatment program like the one at Lakeview Health offers the refuge, guidance, and support that is needed to start a life-changing journey in sobriety. At Lakeview, we have been helping individuals struggling with addiction for nearly twenty years, and our nationally-recognized programs are second to none. To learn more about what to expect during residential treatment, reach out to Lakeview today online, or call us at [Direct] to begin your journey.