Experiential Therapy Activities
One of the beautiful parts of addiction therapy programs is that there isn’t just one that works. There are dozens of addiction therapy options, and they come in all shapes and sizes. Some possibilities have you working with a therapist one on one, talking out problems. Others have you in a group. Still more require you to do something other than talking. A treatment that requires you to do activities is experiential therapy. There are a variety of experiential therapy activities, and all of them can help you beat your addiction.
What is Experiential Therapy?
Experiential therapy allows you to identify and address issues that you may not be aware of because they’re hidden beneath other problems. You can use experiential treatment to figure out how you feel about specific problems. You can also process negative emotions in an environment that challenges you to be more than you dreamed.
As with many therapies, when you take part in experiential therapy activities, there are many advantages. For example, you’ll learn how to solve your problems effectively, rather than hiding behind alcohol or drugs. Moreover, when you get around the obstacles, you’ll also increase your self-esteem. You’ll also learn to take responsibility for your actions, and build stronger communication skills. Additionally, because many of these activities are group-based, you’ll learn how to work together with others. Working with your teammates could lead to you making friends that could last for a lifetime.
Types of Experiential Therapy Activities
There are a variety of experiential therapy activities. Some require more effort than others, and all of them can help you overcome your addiction. Some common types of experiential therapy activities include:
- Equine therapy: When you get out of the facility and try new things, you’ll be amazed by your capabilities. When working with horses, you learn coping skills, life skills, and how to be compassionate towards others
- Surf therapy: Getting out into nature can be extremely therapeutic. Surf therapy allows you to learn a new skill while also experiencing the therapeutic benefits of the sea.
- Expressive Arts therapy: Sometimes, words can’t express how you’re feeling. However, with treatments involving the arts, you can learn to express your emotions. Learn to use different mediums and share how you’re feeling with the people around you
Addiction can leave you feeling helpless. Through experiential therapy activities, you can take back the power.
Overcome Your Obstacles at Lakeview
At Lakeview Health, we know that life has placed many obstacles in your path. Through experiential therapy and other therapeutic options, you can overcome these to become the person you never thought you could be. We offer several addiction treatment programs, including:
- Alcohol addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Benzo addiction treatment
- Prescription pill addiction treatment
To learn more about the experiential therapy activities you can take part in, contact Lakeview Health today at 866.704.7692. Isn’t it time addiction stopped ruling your life? Take back the power at Lakeview today.